Through many conversations, emails asking for help, and talking to new and aspiring large format photographers, I have developed a comprehensive introduction to getting started with large format photography in video form because it is much easier to learn and understand the concepts visually for most people.
I have broken the information into three modules that align to the classic trilogy by Ansel Adams (The Camera, The Negative, The Print), but I have completely modernized all of the information in addition to focusing in on the most relevant so that you can get up and running quickly.
MODULE 2 - THE NEGATIVE (METERING & DEVELOPING FILMS)
- Workshop Access
METERING STRATEGIES FOR LARGE FORMAT PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Black & White Negative Film
- Color Negative Film
- E-6 Color Positive Films
BLACK & WHITE FILM & DEVELOPER REVIEW
LARGE FORMAT B&W FILM DEVELOPMENT OPTIONS
LARGE FORMAT SHEET FILM DEVELOPMENT IN TRAYS
B&W FILM TESTING
- Understanding Exposure Index (EI)
- The Zone System Summarized in a Paragraph
- Zone System & Sensitometery
STEP WEDGE SETUP, EXPOSURE, & DEVELOPMENT
- Step 1 – Prepare Step Wedge
- Step 2 – Meter & Expose Step Wedge
- Step 3 – Develop Step Wedge & Blank Film
- Step 4 - Evaluate Negative For Proper EI Rating
PROPER PROOF & DEVELOPMENT TIMES
- Step 5 - Determine Your Proper Proof Time
- Step 6 - Create Contact Print To Determine Normal Development (N)
- Step 7 - Establish Development Times for N+ and N-
COLOR FILM QUICK REFERENCE CARDS
SUMMARY & CONCLUSION
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THE B&W FILM TESTING?
- Any B&W film developer of your choice (D-76, HC-110, XTOL, Pyro, Rodinal, etc.)
- Stouffer 4x5 TP4x5-21 Step Wedge or something similar
- Any B&W sheet film of your choice (e.g. Tri-X, T-Max, FP4+, HP5+, Delta, Fomapan, etc.)
- Basic darkroom chemicals and paper to develop your negatives and contact proofs
- Light source to create contact prints (any enlarger, or a DIY contact proofer)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.