Light Assistant helps with aligning reflections and adjusting the parameters of V-Ray and Corona Lights.
- Interactively ALIGN lights reflection directly on the geometry. Hold shift for “Rim Light Mode”.
- Interactively change light distance, size and rotation in ADJUST mode..
- Quickly control V-Ray Light properties with “Light Lister” like interface.
- Adjust light intensity using Exposure Value (EV).
- Align and Adjust modes work well with some non V-Ray lights.
- 10 Softbox presets in material library included.
- Designed to work perfectly with V-Ray GPU (RT) and V-Ray ADV IPR
Videotutorial ( Recorded lightning session of helmet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHKC9SpdGP8
Older version quick look video: https://vimeo.com/189384214
Chaosgroup V-Ray is required to use this tool and it’s best to use with V-Ray GPU in ActiveShade (interactive) mode.
Light assistant was developed for in-house use at Dabarti and released for free to general public. We’re using only V-Ray in our pipeline so at this stage there are no plans to fully support any other renderers.
To install and use the script:
1. Drop file Dabarti_Light_Assistant_####.mzp into 3ds max Viewport OR Run it from menu MAXScript>>Run file…
2. After installation you should assign shortcut under Customize >> Customize User Interface >> Keyboard >> Category >> Dabarti >> Light Assistant
OR create toolbar under Customize >> Customize User Interface >> Toolbars >> Category >> Dabarti >> Light Assistant
3. Video instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AYF9sHwaNg