Version 1.0 | Updated 2018-11-07
Tested with Blender 2.79b
CW Carbon Collection+ is a shader tree material for Blender. You can use it for rendering in the Cycles renderer.
Some time ago I've made some experiments to create a node for tiling texture patterns in Blender. Because I like carbon materials I've used this topic to create this tiling node - I called it the CW TilingTool.
The result of my experiments is a collection of 12 carbon texture variations, called CW Carbon Collection+...
The "+" in the name represents my tiling tool that is included in the collection. You will find it as a unique node group in the node tree of the material. If you like, you can extract the TilingTool node group and use it for your own materials.
CW Carbon collection features
This are the settings you can adjust in my material:
- Choose between 12 carbon texture patterns
- Set a clearcoat effect to your material (Interesting for car surfaces, helmets and similar)
- Give your material a rainbow effect to get more interesting results like a pearl carbon effect
- Control the rougness seperately
- Control the bumpmap strength or invert the bumpmap it if needed
- Control the anisotropic texture visibility and strength.
- Control the alpha channel visibility (Transparency channel)
CW TilingTool features
Here are the features of the CW TilingTool node, that came with my Collection:
- Set the tile amount (Amount of repeated patterns)
- Set a tile distance (Negative values are supported too)
- Shift X (UV and Object coordinates)
- Shift Y (UV and Object coordinates)
- .blend file ( Created in Blender version 2.79 )
- Four example renders in 2400 x 1200 pixels
- 12 textures in 16 bit TIF file format.
Info: The textures are not regular TIF files! I use the RGBA channels to save informations like bump, anisotropic values and alpha in one single texture.