A landscape painting course for Corel Painter featuring new illustration techniques by Corel Painter Master Elite, Aaron Rutten.
Discover how to draw a log cabin nested in a meadow overlooking a mountain covered in pine trees. Follow along step-by-step as we sketch out the composition in two-point perspective, fill in the shapes with flat color and then add three-dimensional form to each object. As a final touch, we'll add layers of texture and color overlays to bring the painting to life. You can replicate the scenery in this lesson, or paint your own scenery and subjects. Best of all, there is no time limit to complete this course. The videos can be saved to your computer or viewed on a phone or tablet, so you may enjoy a relaxing painting experience at your own leisure.
This course is the first in a series of two courses that will teach you how to paint various types of architecture in a nature setting. The next course I release will teach you how to paint a barn in a farm setting. Each new course builds off of the previous course in this series, so the skills you learn while painting the cabin can be applied to the barn and so on.
- High-quality screen capture of Corel Painter plus a first-person view of my hand drawing on my Cintiq 24HD
- Audio is optimized to be loud and clear
- Some mistakes have been left in to show how to correct them
- In-depth and detailed course assignment
- Advanced video editing effects using Premiere Pro
- Ask Questions & get critique from Aaron & your peers in a private Facebook group
- Earn a digital certificate of completion you can print and display
- How to draw intermediate-level architecture in two-point perspective
- How to paint grass, mountains, trees and clouds
- How to use the new Enhanced Layer Blending
- How to use the new blenders in Painter 2016
- How to improvise while painting
- How to use Aaron's newest techniques and brushes for Painter 2016
- Corel Painter Essential Skills
- FREE Landscape Painting Crash Course (LPF01)
- Advanced Landscape Painting (LPF02)
- Landscape Painting With Painter 2015 (LPF03)
This course was created with Corel Painter 2016, but many of the lessons and techniques can be applied to older and newer versions of Painter as well. Most of the brushes I use throughout this course are compatible with Painter 2015. I also provide a custom workspace for Painter 2015. If you are using Painter 2015, you will not be able to use Enhanced Layer Blending, Dynamic Speckles or New Painter 2016 Brushes. In most cases, I suggest alternative brushes and methods that will be compatible with Painter 2015.
If you are using Painter 2017 or later, the course is fully compatible.
If you are using Painter X3, you may also be able to follow along with this course. You will not have access to Particle brushes or any of the above Painter 2015/2016 features, but most of the lessons and techniques will still be applicable to users of Painter X3. I do not offer a Painter X3 workspace, but I do provide links to the X3-compatible brushes I use in the course.
All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.