Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. This quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program in and embed Lua, whether it is Lua 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. This book can even be used with LuaJIT, a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua based on Lua 5.1. Lua Quick Reference groups the language’s features and C API in a convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking the differences between Lua versions.
This book covers:
• Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
• Metatables and metamethods
• Object-oriented programming with Lua
• Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
• Lua's standard library and its C API
• Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
• How to embed and use Lua within a host
• And much more
Mitchell commands over a decade of experience programming and embedding Lua in both the corporate and open-source realms.
Free shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses. $12 extra for international shipping.