VGT is an incredible approach to visualizing the 3 scale “sources” needed to improvise “thru” all chord types / families, in all 12 keys with no more than one fret (or half step ) in either direction . This proven method of over 40 years has changed the way guitarists see the neck , do transpositions, and most importantly improvise over ANY progressions, regardless of difficulty .
A student who has worked thru the VGTGP knows :
1) How every chord type functions within a key.
2) What scale sources are used to play “thru “ chords.
3) What scales are used to play “over “ all chords and chord progressions .
4) All scales found in Modern Harmony including Hybrids.
5) Systematic approaches to technique development (alternate picking and Legato), phrasing , comping and much more.