I talk about getting your life in order for 1.25 hours.
I explain connections between dealing with yourself, your spouse, your child, and others. In each case, you can put some work into staying on top of things now or get overwhelmed with bad ideas and neglect later. I explain how this connects closely with Paths Forward.
I begin with the question: "What if your child doesn't listen to you?" and talk about problem solving. Then I connect the methods of improving your relationship with your child to the methods of improving your own life and the methods of Paths Forward.
Select Podcast Plus Commentary to also get:
- 1.25 hour podcast with me & Alan Forrester
- .85 hour podcast with me & Justin Mallone
- Short essay by me
- Notes by philosopher Alan Forrester
- Notes by philosopher Justin Mallone
These discuss the ideas from the Getting Your Life and Thinking In Order podcast.
In the commentary podcast with Alan, we discuss:
- Paths Forward
- Intellectuals getting Paths Forward wrong
- How Paths Forward applies to parenting
- Several parenting scenarios
- Extended discussion about cleaning children's rooms
In the commentary podcast with Justin, we discuss:
- Learning reusable, general purpose ideas
- Having two kitchens
- Biased parental help
- Building up knowledge for getting along well in a relationship
- Making progress in steps
- Making your life more efficient