Improved Deformation and Introduction to custom steps
This tutorial builds up from the introduction to mGear's SHIFTER and improves the quality of the character deformation using different techniques. Also, we will introduce the use of Custom Steps.
NOTE about PYTHON: Python knowledge is not necessary, but will be very useful for the last part where we talk about Custom Steps. (If you know Python, provably you will find the explanations very simplistic. I am aiming to make it understandable to everybody :) )
The tutorial is organized by topic in 21 chapters/videos to make it easy to follow and rewatch.
Also, all the files, scripts and sample data is included, so you can follow step by step from any chapter of the tutorial (purchase of the previous tutorial is not needed. All the material is included)
Duration: 3hr 45min
mGear can be download from here: https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear_dist/releases
- Updating guides and adding new components
- Create a proxy geometry to facilitate the skinning and corrective blendshapes modeling
- Skinning using ngSkinTools
- Skinning tips and tricks
- How to use the RBF Manager
- Corrective Blendshapes modeling and setup with SHAPES
- Custom Steps introduction
- Custom Steps Templates and overview of the code
Character model by https://jmlinares.com/