The Modo action centers and your Modo to Blender companion. Get your Modo workflow speed back in Blender.
@Dheim (Blender user)
Thanks! I don’t think I could live without this add-on.
(For the most recent updated images see the updates section below)
Modo-Me add-on tries to mimick some of the interface elements and functionalities from Modo in Blender.
At the moment the main goal is to get the Modo action centers to be represented reasonably in Blender 2.79 (soon 2.8) via an accessible menu.
Since these two applications work with different concepts in many levels, it is not fully possible to match all such functionalities one to one, however it is possible to replicate some of the Modo's loved usability ideas to Blender.
- Automatic center
- Selection center
- Selection center Auto Axis
- Selection center Object Axis
- Pivot Center Parent Axis
- Pivot World Axis
- Bounding Box Sides
- Element Edit
- Element Edit with Falloff
- Gizmo Toggle
Who is this for?
* You are coming from Modo and you just miss your action centers
* You want to have a more organized way of setting transformation centers and axis.
* You are just curious to see why people brag about action centers and you do not want to spend lot of money on Modo to find it out
Please see Modo-Me Blender Artist forum page for more demonstrations and support
- Parent action center now respects the actual rotation axis of the parent
- Pivot with Parent axis now respects the parent axis
- Selection center offset bug fixed. It was not taking world matrix into consideration
- Some other optimizations
V1.2 (Initial 2.80 support)
- This release now supports 2.80 and 2.79. This was the major refactoring since viewport got the one of most API changes
- Added a cursor action center (see the screenshot)
- Some improvements in the logic
- [New Feature] Now the user can choose to have the manipulators to be enabled always, which should make it more feel like Modo's transform tools
- This release is the proper release that deals with both version of Blender
(see images for the updated menu)
[New Feature] Custom pivot point. This will add a new .PIVOT empty and use it for reference. If it does not exits it will create it. Use .PIVOT liberally as you wish
- [New Feature] Pivot center with World Axis
- Fixed the add-on registry issues that was especially an issue in Blender 2.79b release which uses Python 3.5
- Fixed better handling of parent position
- Recent API update broke the addon. This is now fixed
- No more class annotations related warnings
- API fix
- Annotations fix again
- [NEW] Selection Object Axis added. This mode uses local axis in edit mode.
- [FIX] The element mode now respects the last selected component
- [FIX] Fix Custom location center
- Fix Custom Location center
- Added Tweak mode for the Element action
- Cursor action now uses the Cursor rotation for the transform axis
- [NEW] Modo-Me menu now can be accessed from the Toolbar Header menu.
- [NEW] There is now a new section for tools
- [NEW] Element Edit and Element Edit with FallOff (Tweak modes)
- [BETA] The Element Action now relies on the last selected component
- [NEW] Placing the action center to the sides of the object's bounding box.
- [NEW] Enable disable the header menu drop down via preferences.
- [FIX] Better Pivot mode handling in Edit mode.
- [TESTING] Blender 2.81 Nightly compatibility.
- [! IMPORTANT !] The operator name has changed. Please see the screenshot for the release below or in the assets folder for the new settings to invoke.
- [NEW] Component mode lets you set custom axis and center based on the selected faces/edges/vertices. It will toggle back to the Object.
- [NEW] Predefined shortcurt for `alt-W`
- [NEW] New menu order base on pie menu structure
- [NEW] Dedicated transform Gizmo toggling
- [FIX] Better Gizmo handling
- [FIX] Better handling of Transform Orientations. It wont override the objects's TO.
- [FIX] Handle error with element mode in Edit mode when there is no active mesh component selected
- [NEW] `Cursor to Selection` moves and orients the cursor to selection
- [FIX] Fix Gizmo Toggle
- [FIX] Blender 2.93 update
* Either uncompress the provided zip yo your ad-dons folder or use "Install add-n from File" in the "Add-ons" tab in your preferences window.
* Once the install need to assign a shortcut for it. This is done by putting the values in the "Input" section of Blender Preferences. See the image below.
I recommend `Shift-Alt-Q` as your shortcut for this menu as I found it to be very much accessible.
v1.52 and up 2.80
Find the `3D View generic` under `3D View`
First `Add New` then put the values below as seen in the pic. Assign the shortcut as seen in the picture. Here I have choose `Shift-Alt-Q` to call the Action Centers menu
Put `wm.call_menu` at the top left box in the new keymap area, once done the bottom box will open up. And paste `object.modoactioncenters` into the box that is on the right side (one that is with `Name:`)
How to Use
Once you install and assign your shortcut properly, all you do is to press your shortcut to call the menu. From there choose the functionality you want.
- One of the main different between Modo-Me and the Modo action centers is that there is no **left click to put the operation center and drag** if you are using `Left click to select` mode in Blender. Therefor in 'Automatic' mode you will use right click to relocate the operation center and left click to operate.
- If you are using `Right click to select` then relocating the center is much more easy (done by RClick) however you will loose ability to `drag` the transformation. So you need to pick your battle in that front, this is how Blender operates fundamentally. Blender cursor has to be located with one and operated with the other.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.