Africa is home to 301 fintech startups, together building a new vision for the financial services industry in Africa.
The Finnovating for Africa: Exploring the African Fintech Startup Ecosystem Report 2017 considers data compiled by Disrupt Africa over two and a half years on fintech startups active in 20 countries across Africa.
While South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya remain at the forefront of startup activity in the fintech sector, as with many other areas, the research shows a number of other local fintech ecosystems are beginning to emerge.
The report looks in-depth at nine sub-categories in the fintech arena; finding that the most popular focus area for African entrepreneurs - as well as investors - is the payments and remittances market. Lending and financing also proved attractive to startups and investors alike.
The publication also includes:
- Consideration of the regional spread and growth of fintech ventures;
- Discussion of startup activity in nine sub-sectors of the fintech industry;
- Data on fintech startup launches by year;
- Tracking of funding and acquisitions in the fintech space;
- A list of fintech accelerator programmes open to African applicants;
- A list of financial institutions with initiatives aimed at African fintech startups.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share