Tutorials, demonstrations, notation and playalongs for: Kuku, Fankani, Soliwoulen, Soli Lent, Fe 1, Kono, Djagbe, Soko & Kassa
Presented by TTM Certified Teacher, Tara Tucker.
For each rhythm:
- Detailed rhythm instruction of 2 djembe accompaniments
- Cultural background information
- Demonstration of the 3 dunun (bass drum) parts
- Ensemble demo video that shows the 3 dununs & 2 djembes coming in 1 by 1
- Rhythm notations
- Basic djembe technique video- Video explaining how to read box notations
- Playalong tracks of each of the djembe parts and of the dunun ensemble.
Each playalong is provided at 3 or 4 speeds, ranging from 75 to 135 beats per minute, depending on the rhythm.
This material requires just over 1.7G of space. For convenient transmission, the files have been bundled into 4 'zip' files, one for the notation pdfs, one for the tutorial videos, one for the technique and box notation videos and one for the MP3s (audio tracks). You can't download the zips directly to an iOS device like an ipad. So, please first download the zip files to your computer or external hard drive, unzip the files and then transfer them to your device(s). Thank you!