Over 200 natural sleep remedies and strategies are described in this book, from Chinese, Ayurvedic, Western and North American Indian herbs to foods, nutrients, light therapy, bedding, sleep hygiene, sleep phase adjustment and many others. This comprehensive resource also describes sleep patterns, sleep deprivation, and the latest research on how much sleep we really need, and how to calculate our personal sleep needs. Here the emerging science of sleep and dreaming is unveiled in clear terms. We discover our biological clocks: how they are set and reset, and how they affect our hormones, neurotransmitters and sleep cycles. The latest dream research is also explored, revealing the mysterious realm of REM dreaming and lucid dreaming. Learning to remember, steer and take control over our dreams and sleep cycles is also discussed with a refreshing science-based understanding of the dreamscape and nightmares. In Natural Sleep we also find a complete scientific resource for hundreds of ancient and modern natural cures for sleeplessness -- helping us achieve both good quality sleep and productive, positive dreams.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: The author is a California Naturopath and holds a Ph.D. in Natural Health Sciences. He is Board Certified as an Alternative Medical Practitioner - a traditional naturopath, not a licensed medical doctor. He is the author of 25 books on natural health, and his focus is upon researching and writing about traditional therapies accompanied by clear clinical evidence.
This is an Ebook, offered in all the popular formats: EPUB, PDF, AZW3 and MOBI:
- EPUB format will work on NOOK, KOBO Reader, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Sony Readers, EPUBReader Firefox add on, Adobe Digital Editions, QuickReader.
- PDF allows any computer or phone with a PDF app to read the file.
- AZW3 format allows the book to be read on any Kindle reader or Kindle software.
- MOBI allows the book to be read on the MobiPocket Reader, the PalmDOC, Stanza, FBReader, Kindle for PC and Mac, and STDU Viewer.
- An option to read the Ebook ONLINE is also given.