Learn how to use Corel Painter to paint 3 different kinds of nebulae on a starry deep-space background.
First, you'll start by making observations from real photos of Nebulae. This will help you dissect these complex objects into a manageable illustration workflow. Next, you'll create a deep-space background filled with stars to place your nebula upon. Included in this course is a workspace with loads of brushes including 3 unique nebula brushes you can use to follow along with each lesson. If you're feeling adventurous, you can watch a bonus video to learn how to make each of the 3 nebula brushes from scratch. These custom nebula brushes will make it easy to paint complex cloudy shapes in grayscale. You can add color by tinting or glazing on separate layers using Composite Methods and masks. Students are encouraged to choose their own colors and shapes for each of the three assignment paintings. We'll finish off the paintings by adding some final touches and effects. When each assignment is complete, you'll learn how to save it for printing and posting to the web. If you would like critique on your assignments you can send them to me directly via email.
This is a video training course that you can download to your computer and watch any time. If you have a question about the course, you can get help in the course forum.
1 – Warm Up – 13:22
2 – Diffuse Nebula – 38:30
3 – Supernova Remnant Nebula – 13:17
4 – Planetary Nebula – 13:51
BONUS: How To Make Custom Nebula Brushes – 8:32
- PDF Files: Instructions, Introduction, Importing Cutom Nebula Brushes Guide, Optimizing Your Computer For Corel Painter, Workspace Install Guide
- Lesson Videos: (8) Video Lessons (High Quality 1080 HD MP4)
- Corel Painter 2016/2015 Workspace with Custom Brushes (PWS File)
- (3) Custom Nebula Brushes (Can be imported into any version of Painter)
- Custom Palettes & Brushes (Painter 2016 BOX Files)
- BONUS: How To Make 3 Custom Nebula Brushes (MP4 Video)
- How To Paint Nebulae
- How To Paint Stars & Space Scenes
- How To Use The Glow Brush
- How To Paint In Grayscale & Tint/Glaze To Add Color
- How To Blend Using "Enhanced Layer Blending"
- How To Create Custom Image Hose Nozzle Brushes
- How To Re-purpose Backgrounds
- How To Use Masks
- How To Add Texture Overlays
- How To Add Film Grain Effects
- How To Add Motion Blur
- How To Tint With Composite Methods
- How To Save Artwork For Print & Web
Don't have Corel Painter? You can try Painter free for 30 days at: http://www.painterartist.com use coupon code 2017AR to save $100 off the full version.
All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.