'We are so disappointed with our day in port!' . Said no cruiser ever? You would be surprised! In the five years of working on Europe-bound cruise lines as a professional port-of-call guide I've met many every week.
Were the Mediterranean ports unattractive? Oh, no, never...the problem always came down to making uninformed decisions and here's a few common themes that kept popping up:
• 'We just didn't have any time to do research '
• 'Who knew there was no beach in this port!?'
• 'The people at the dining room table told us they explored the port on their own...why did we spend money on shore excursions?'
• 'We should have booked a tour? We had no idea there was nothing to do where we docked.'
• 'We wish we had left our kids on board'.
• 'I wanted to propose to my fiancee today but soon realized the port didn't have any romantic feel about it'.
• 'There will be nowhere else to buy my Greek key bracelet again because I missed it yesterday?'
• 'I booked a spa appointment at 2 pm, I won't make it back to the ship in time?'
• 'There was a napkin-folding lecture on board. We didn't realize we would miss our chance to take a tender boat ashore...we had to wait for an hour for all the shore excursions to get off first!'
For some of you, the Mediterranean cruise may be a once in a life time event. You work hard and sometimes save your money for years to be able to afford your family such a trip.The last thing you would want is to come unprepared and...
• Not get to see what you wanted to (A world-famous museum? Your favourite author's birthouse?)
• Not to see the places you didn't even know existed (a charming hilltop town, an arboretum, a workshop making handmade sandals).
• Not get to do what you wanted to (Sunbathing? Sipping an espresso while checking your Facebook or Twitter?)
• Not to buy what you wanted (The shoes you saw in Vogue? A magnet and a bottle of local wine?)
• Spend more money then needed (Are you budget conscious? You don't have any limits set? Both is ok, but noone wants to spend more than needed)
• Spend more time than needed (some ports need your full attention all day but others can be done in a few hours without missing much).
We all have different ideas of what a fun and fulfilling day in port is. The trick isn't knowing what the few major sights in some port are. The trick is knowing what are the things WE want to see and do, how and when to do them exactly.
That's why this travel guide e-book gives different solutions for different types of people, those with certain soft-spots or those who find themselves traveling under specific circumstances. Which saves you time. Broken down into 12 chapters it covers all the needs you may have within 6-12 hours in port.
This book also saves you MONEY! For the price of a Dubrovnik cappuccino, you are getting a collection of tips that will cut the cost of your day in port into half, guaranteed! Powerful, efficient and concise: on only 28 pages, because who's got time to read more when packing for a cruise?
Can you find this info elsewhere? The problem with other websites and travel books is they give you a very general overview, not keeping in mind your time as a cruiser is more limited than other travelers'. You don't have the luxury of wandering about and making mistakes. Also, it would take you at least 48 hours to reasearch all the websites and forums. Not to mention reading books . About a week for each port? Now multiply that with the number of ports you'll be visiting.
This mini e-book is the result of my own five years of testing, experimenting, touring and exploring. But also making many mistakes, wasting time and unnecessarily spending money...so you wouldn't have to do it now!
Download your book right now and have a fantastic day in Dubrovnik, Croatia!
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share