This session will bring together individuals and companies that are disrupting and challenging the traditional ways in which news is gathered, reported and distributed, for a wide-ranging discussion about the future of TV and video news.
Panelists will first debate the ways in which the collection, presentation, analysis and dissemination of news needs to be re-thought for a rapidly changing world, and then examine how social media, user-generated content, video-streaming, crowd-funding and other digital phenomena and technologies can be used to improve the accuracy, availability, diversity and relevance of the news we watch. Panelists include:
• William M. Arkin, Former NBC News Contributor
• Rebekah Dopp, Principal, News and Local Media--Global Partnerships, Google
• Jimmy Dore, Host, "The Jimmy Dore Show"
• Emily Lanfear, News Partnerships, Twitter
• Albert Lewitinn, Emmy and 3-Time Peabody Award Winner (Moderator)
• Steve Oh, Chief Business Officer, The Young Turks
• Lindsay Stewart, CEO, Stringr