Hello there, soon-to-be Master C# Programmer!
The C# Player’s Guide is a different kind of programming book. Like an entertaining video game, programming is an often challenging but always rewarding experience. This book shakes off the dusty, dull, dryness of the typical programming book, replacing it with something more exciting and flavorful:
- A bit of humor.
- A more casual tone.
- Examples involving dragons and asteroids instead of bank accounts and employees.
And since you learn to program by doing instead of just reading, this book contains over 100 hands-on programming challenges. You will be building software instead of just reading about it. By completing the challenges, you’ll earn experience points, level up, and become a True C# Programmer!
This book covers the C# language from the ground up. It doesn’t assume you’ve been programming for years, but it also doesn’t hold back on exciting, powerful language features.
- The journey begins by getting you set up to program in C#.
- We will then explore the basic mechanics of writing C#: statements, expressions, variables, if statements, loops, and making code reusable with methods.
- Next, we dive deep into a powerful and central feature of C#, object-oriented programming–an essential tool needed to build larger programs.
- We then look at the advanced C# features that make the language unique, elegant, and powerful.
With this book as your companion, you will soon be off to save the world (or take it over) with your own C# programs!
This version includes free access to all patch updates of the 4th Edition.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.