PDF / Ebook Format
Please note, this is the digital / PDF version of the print journal by the same name. Because “I Am The Hero Of My Own Life” is a guided journal asking the reader to follow along by writing responses, we recommend the following:
- Download and print the PDF. Follow along by writing directly on the printed copy. There are ruled pages included in the PDF version for writing responses.
- Read the book on your favorite device and follow along in your own preferred format (notebook, word processor, voice recorder, etc.)
We are not offering this book for iBooks or Kindle at this time due to the unique format and level of interaction necessary to make it a valuable experience for our readers. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Book
This is the guide to getting out of your own way.
I Am the Hero of My Own Life is a guided journal by Brianna Wiest, published to accompany the masterclass "The Hero of Your Own Life," available through Thought Catalog Books and The Thought & Expression Company, September 2018.
This journal will help you envision your ideal life and then identify the unconscious attachments that are preventing you from living it. Through a series of writing prompts and exercises as well as some of Brianna's favorite quotes, most popular articles, and new passages, it will help you sort through the conflicting thoughts, feelings, and fears that are preventing you from becoming the person you want and need to be. You do not need more motivation or drive to start building the life of your dreams. You need to better understand who you are, why you keep re-creating comfortable pain patterns, and why you may not really want what is it you think you do.
Sample exercises include:
– Tracing your judgments of other people back to your own personal insecurities.
– Drafting a Venn diagram of your skills, your passions, and the world's needs.
– Outlining exactly the type of partner you always dreamed of marrying, then strategizing how you're going to embody those traits yourself.
– Envisioning what you'd think about and what you'd do all day if you were already healed, whole and happy.
About the Author
BRIANNA WIEST is a writer, author, and editor. She has published thousands of articles that have been read by millions of people throughout the world. She currently works for a variety of national publications. This is her fourth book published by Thought Catalog Books.
For more information, or to book Brianna for writing or speaking engagements, please visit briannawiest.com.