The first Phaser 3 guide to the creation of HTML5 cross platform games using Phaser 3 framework and other free software.
From the experience of more than 250 Phaser tutorials, through this 155 pages and 28 source code examples you will learn how to build HTML5 cross platform games while making a real game along the way, and by the end of the book you will have a complete "2048" game polished, ready to be played and with a lot of room for customization.
- The concepts behind HTML5 cross platform development
- How to scale and resize a game to make it look nice on each device
- The structure of your first Phaser project
- Preload images, sounds, fonts and other kind of assets
- Group images into sprite sheets to optimize the game
- Add images and sprites on the stage
- Use tweens to create animations
- Wait for player input
- Process keyboard input
- Process mouse or finger input
- Use arrays to handle game information
- Move sprites
- The importance of placing sprites in front of other sprites using Z-order
- Add and play sound effects
- Design and add a game interface
- Add interactivity with buttons
- Use bitmap fonts to create text effects
- Save and load high scores using local storage
Each step of the book represents a progress in the making of the game and is provided with its source code.