What's in this book?
This book will help you make a real app that connects to a network. The app that you're going to make uses The Movie Database (TMDb)'s API to fetch and show movies.
Features of the app you're going to make:
- Show a list of movies from TMDb API
- Show a list of movies categorized by Popular, Top Rated and Upcoming
- Show the details of movie such as summary, ratings, release date, etc.
Want more features? Check out the extended version below
Extended Version: https://gum.co/PRjgk
Purpose of this book
Back when I was first starting out with Android development, I was going through tutorials after tutorials without producing something useful like a REAL app. But the moment I stopped doing tutorials and decided to make a real app, I was paralyzed and don't know what to do.
"Where should I start?", "How should I start?", were the questions that kept popping up in my head.
That's why this book is made for Android beginners who are facing a similar situation. This book will guide you to make a real app and help you get your foot out the door towards an Android development career.
Is this book for you?
If you're an Android beginner and decided that you're done with tutorials and it's time to make a real app, then this book is for you.
This book is not:
- Going to teach you the basics of Android development
- Going to explain every little detail for you
- For complete beginners with no basic knowledge of Android development (But I won't discourage you because that's how I've learned also - learning along the way)