Ossim is a simulation baking tool for Blender that generates an armature and skinned geometry based on rigid body physics simulation to use in game engines and realtime applications such as Unreal Engine 4 or Unity3d and many others.
- Blender 2.8+ API changes implemented (including outliner fixes)
- Added transformation cleaning options
- Fixed a bug with armature as parent always having OBJECT type.
- Minor bugfixes
- Blender 2.8 support
- Cloth simulations bake
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
- Code refactor
- Autokeyframing feature
- UI/UX improvements
- Bug fixes for armature generation
- Put python file inside Blender scripts folder (Blender\2.**\scripts\addons)
OR simply press Install Addon From File button in Addons tab (Preferences)
- Enable addon by clicking on checkbox
How to use
- Bring any mesh to blender and break it however you want
You can use built-in Blender addon calledCell Fracture
You can also use PhysAssist addon
- Set rigid body physics for all geometry pieces you want to simulate. You can make simulation conditions as complex as you like (adding wind, vortex or another rigidbody colliding with your mesh)
- Select just geometry you want to bake. Move it to separate layer for convenience.
- Specify target layer for skinned geometry.
- Run armature generation (Tool located under Tools->Misc->Ossim)
- After you have got armature you can keyframe it in Pose Mode.
- Select armature and skinned mesh and export it.
You can reach me on twitter: @GubinPetr
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.