ParamCopy is a plugin for Substance Designer enabling to copy/paste node parameters, store and recall node states and change the random seeds of multiple nodes at a time. It requires Substance Designer 2019.2 or above.
- Copy common node Base parameters such as resolution or bit-depth from one node into multiple other nodes.
- Copy specific node parameters into other nodes of the same type, i.e. to uniformize a distribution, layout or processing between multiple nodes.
- Change the inheritance methods of some parameters by changing them into a source node and pasting into other nodes.
- Create multiple variations of a selected set of nodes then switch between them for testing different design options. Combine variations with those of other node sets and recall them all at once.
- Create and combine variations for development, testing or demonstration purpose, skim with a few clicks through variations showing multiple states of your Substance and even combine them.
- Copy/paste parameters between custom or third-party Substances of different types but having similar parameters.
- Shuffle the randomness of parts your graph by rolling the random seeds of a selection of nodes.
- For Hair & Fur users: copy certain properties of a hair texture generator and paste them into other generators of the same set (to be tiled together). For instance:
- Move all the Hair & Fur instances of a tile set from performance efficient pattern settings (beam/dynamic size) to rendering settings (hemisphere/no dynamic size).
- Echo the change of hair density from one Hair & Fur instance to all the others.
- Replicate fast tiling settings (tiling of exported texture maps) from a Tiler instance to a Global Timer instance.
- Selective copy of node parameters into an internal clipboard and selective paste(including inheritance methods) into other nodes of same or other type. By default, both Base and Specific parameters are pasted into nodes of the same type as the source node, and only Base parameters pasted into nodes of different types. An option however enables to copy matching Specific parameters into nodes of different types, which can be used for node types having similar Specific parameters.
- Non-persistent storage of variations composed of a set of node states with the ability to later recall stored variations. This enables to select a set of nodes involved into a design variation, store their state and this way switch between different variations with a few clicks, for development or demonstration purpose.
- Rolling of random seed Base parameters (i.e. random seeds are assigned to a random value) for a selection of nodes, so their randomness properties are being affected in a random manner. This enables to shuffle multiple nodes at a time to produce new outcomes.
- the plugin in installable .sdplugin format
- User Manual
- ParamCopy quick doc image
Licenses are single seat only. You may use the tool in its provided form (i.e. as a Substance Designer plugin) for commercial projects if the license permits it. You cannot resell or distribute the package or some of its content into a form that would expose it to reuse. You cannot reuse the source code in your own projects (if you need to do this, please contact the author).
Commercial Studio: the tool may be used in commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue above USD $100K a year.
Commercial Indie: the tool may be used in commercial projects, for individuals, schools or companies with revenue below USD $100K a year.
Non-commercial: for personal use (not companies), product can be used in an unlimited number of non-commercial projects.