Suggested Price: $12-15
We've chosen to make this valuable resource available at a sliding scale price-point to ensure that it's accessible to everyone. If you have the means to do so, we encourage you to pay the suggested price to help support future resource development projects and the work of Generous Space Ministries.
After more than 25 years offering support to Christian parents of gay loved ones, New Direction Ministries (now Generous Space Ministries) is familiar with many of the common questions. By sharing the stories and experiences of parents, New Direction offers hope and insight in 6 segments:
- Introducing the journey
- Processing a Child Coming Out
- Nurturing Love
- Navigating Faith
- Growing Together in Love & Faith
- Encouragement for Other Parents
After more than 25 years offering support to Christian parents of gay loved ones, Generous Space Ministries (formerly New Direction) is familiar with many of the common questions:
- I wonder if my child is gay? What should I do?
- When my child came out to me, I didn’t respond very well and now our relationship is strained How can I rebuild our relationship?
- I can’t approve of gay marriage. Can I still have a good relationship with my gay child and their partner?
- I love my child no matter what, but I worry sometimes that I’ve watered down my Christian beliefs. How can I integrate my love for my child and my faith?
- My convictions have changed over the years but I can’t talk about that in my church community. Are there other Christian parents like me?
- My gay child knows that I love them, but I don’t dare talk to them about God because they were so hurt by the church. What can I do to nurture their faith?
What I frequently hear from parents is that they initially connected with Generous Space hoping that God would change their child. What they actually discovered is that God changed their hearts. The testimony of the parents featured in this DVD is that their journey of loving their gay child has caused them to grow in their faith and deepen their trust in Christ. For the parent whose child has just come out, I have one simple message, ‘Fear not, love boldly, and put your hope in the Lord.’
Wendy VanderWal-Gritter, Executive Director, Generous Space Ministries
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app