To fully benefit from the features of a monthly subscription, please do not subscribe until June 21st, 2021. At that time, course content will be released for all tiers. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in getting the full experience are encouraged to register for one of our live courses, which can be found on our website. Registration for live courses includes all of the below, more collaborative learning opportunities, eight (8) additional professional development hours, and 12 months of access to our complete online platform when it goes live in August 2021.
This 16 hour, self-paced course is perfect for individuals and groups that are unable to attend Peace Learning Center's live SEL courses.
Module 1: Building Strong Foundations (4 hours)
- Participants will be introduced to the research used to build the Peace Learning Circles framework.
- Participants will be guided through several inquiry activities to help assess their own understanding of SEL and any assumptions they may be bringing into the course.
- Participants will be introduced to foundational elements like the Peace Learning Circles agreements, the stages of group development, and how the process aligns with major SEL competencies.
- Participants will be introduced to scenarios to practice identifying the stages of group development and the practices that support that stage of development.
- Participants will explore the concept of Multiple Intelligences and complete a self-inventory of their own learning preferences.
Module 2: Promoting Inclusion (4 hours)
- Participants will explore the role that personal and community identity plays in creating an inclusive learning environment.
- Participants will do a deep dive into the stage of inclusion and explore specific strategies and practices that support community-building.
- Participants will explore how culturally responsive practices can help build stronger relationships with youth.
- Participants will be given explicit instruction on how to create Circles (small group communities within the larger learning community).
Module 3: Strengthening Influence (4 hours)
- Participants will explore the stage of influence and how it can empower youth voice and resolving conflict in the learning community.
- Participants will have the opportunity to practice conflict resolution strategies.
- Participants will gain an understanding of how the principles of influence can align with academic and afterschool standards.
- Participants will be coached on how to navigate critical conversations around inequity, racism, and bias that may arise as youth move into the group stage of influence.
Module 4: Sustaining Community (4 hours)
- Participants will synthesize learning from earlier modules to understand how the community can be sustained long-term.
- Participants will learn how sustaining community and meaningful relationships will facilitate deeper learning.
- Participants will be guided through the process of building their own learning experiences and submit their plans for feedback.
- Participants will be equipped with the tools and knowledge necessary to bring about more widespread change in their organization to sustain Peace Learning Circles long-term.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.