This Cinema 4D plugin converts all V-Ray material inside a scene to C4D equivalent
The intent is to support FBX and similar file export and NOT to make a full material conversion. This means not all V-Ray features are supported. Because only bitmaps are supported by export formats, this plugin has focused on them.
Cinema 4D does not support materials during export if they are not internal. So this plugin tries to limit this gap.
It maintains all bitmap directly loaded into C4D Bitmap, V-Ray Bitmap and V-Ray Advanced Bitmap shaders.
On the other hand, it not (yet) supports other kinds of shaders.
- Added compatibility with Cinema 4D R23.
- Added report message when materials or shaders skipped from conversion.
- Changed default option value of "Purge Old and Unused Materials" to True.
- Changed default option value of "Do not discard C4D shaders" to True.
- Fixed failure when used PowerShader other than Bitmap and AdvancedBitmap(but not yet supported)
- Fixed failure when no tags are present on the left of material tags
- Fixed failure on registering plugin for Mac users
- Fixed Roughness values
- Added Support for V-Ray Displacement Material
- Support for all colors in primary Vray channels
- Support for Add, Subtract, Multiply and Normal mixing feature under each texture channel
- Support for V-Ray Bitmap(Power Shader), V-Ray Advanced Bitmap, and simple C4D Bitmap.
- Support for V-Ray 2 Sided Material (Will be replaced by Front Side Material)
- Possibility to choose conversion for all materials in document or only for selected.
- Possibility to clean all old and unassigned materials after conversion (also sorting)
- Normal/Bump channel automatic assignment
- Possibility to not discard all C4D original shaders
In future (hope close) version the following features are in the workshop:
- Possibility to not discard all not supported shaders.
- Possibility to Bake all shaders(non bitmaps) into bitmaps.
- Choose Bake resolution.
- Support for more V-Ray material types.
- Support for more than one V-Ray specular channel.
Installation and Help
You'll find all informations about this project here.
CoronaToC4D Material Converter for Corona render users.
If you buy VRayToC4D you'll get CoronaToC4D at half price! (valid until 07/2020)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.