This Cinema 4D plugin converts all V-Ray material inside a scene to C4D equivalent
The intent is to support .FBX and similar file export and NOT to make a full material conversion. This means not all V-Ray features are supported. Because only bitmaps are supported by export formats, this plugin has focus on them.
Cinema 4D does not support materials during export if they are not internal. So this plugin tries to limit this gap.
It mantains all bitmap directly loaded into C4D Bitmap, V-Ray Bitmap and V-Ray Advanced Bitmap shaders.
On the other hand it not (yet) supports other kind of shaders.
- Fixed Roughness values
- Added Support for V-Ray Displacement Material
- Support for all colors in primary Vray channels
- Support for Add, Subtract, Multiply and Normal mixing feature under each texture channel
- Support for V-Ray Bitmap(Power Shader), V-Ray Advanced Bitmap, and simple C4D Bitmap.
- Support for V-Ray 2 Sided Material (Will be replaced by Front Side Material)
- Possibility to choose conversion for all materials in document or only for selected.
- Possibility to clean all old and unassigned materials after conversion (also sorting)
- Normal/Bump channel automatic assigment
- Possibility to not discard all C4D original shaders
In future (hope close) version the following feature are in the workshop:
- Possibility to not discard all not supported shaders.
- Possibility to Bake all shaders(non bitmaps) into bitmaps.
- Choose Bake resolution.
- Support for more V-Ray material types.
- Support for more than one V-Ray specular channel.
Installation and Help
You'll find all informations about this project here.
CoronaToC4D Material Converter for Corona render users.
If you buy VRayToC4D you'll get CoronaToC4D at half price! (valid until 03/2020)