Passer's Playbook 2.0: The MTYLT Action Guide for Future Attorneys to Prepare for the Bar Exam is a comprehensive self-study guide to preparing for the bar exam, whether you're taking the bar in California, in a UBE state, or elsewhere.
More specifically, I address approaches and techniques that were tested in the field based on my own and others' experiences over the years:
- Approaching or "attacking" your preparation: How do you start studying for your bar exam?
- Scheduling to pave your own path away from The Plan: Create your own flexible study schedule that works for YOU (not the other way around) so you don’t have to follow the “herd of average.” Ready-to-use sample schedules (whether you're 2 weeks or 10 weeks from the exam), templates, and student examples included)
- Add to your MBE score (which likely accounts for up to half of your entire score), including tactics on how to choose 50/50 choices, how to be efficient during the MBE, and how to guess with the highest chance of being right
- Efficiently practicing essays: Double your essay practice efficiency (without sacrificing the learning) so you’re not overwhelmed at the sheer amount of practice
- Effectively identifying issues: Virtually guarantee that you identify the relevant issues to rack up points (without randomly “spotting” issues)
- Getting Performance Tests (including MPTs) under control
Handling your inner psychology to prime your mind for success and better manage your behaviors, thus putting yourself in better condition for passing
Foundational study strategies you need to carry you throughout your studies (including why you need to know your state bar’s grading methodology and how to interpret and analyze your score report)
Moving past your mental blocks and concentrate on what moves the needle (including how to ask your mentors the right questions that will elicit insight, not mere information)
Retaining information (what is memorization and how to memorize effectively)
Getting on the right track and take action so that you’re moving and not spinning your wheels (see the Blueprint, Cheat Sheets, and exercises after each Section)
- Things to do and things to avoid
- Final prep so you don’t suffer from the “failure of the last mile”
- Recommended resources and supplements
- Q&A: What other actual students are concerned about and my answers to their concerns
It's not a "book"... It's a collection of tools. The tools that come with the playbook are designed to help you orient yourself and propel you toward improvement.
An Accelerator Kit is included to get you to take action right away while the "aha" moment is in full effect! Focus on the work that matters instead of getting overwhelmed...
- Shortnotes: a highly concentrated 29-page guide that distils key insights from the encyclopedic "big" playbook (with all-new insights that you can only find here)
- Systematic Study Blueprint: high-level roadmap for your preparation process (think Approsheets for the bar)
- Sample Study Schedules (Version 2) with templates and examples (whether you're 10 weeks or 2 weeks out)
- Weekly Action Plan: suggested action steps and checkpoints from a weekly perspective
- Supplement Shopping List: recommended supplements and where to get them, tiered based on your budget
- Cheat Sheets: quick reference for key reminders and learning techniques for each portion of the bar and generally
- IRAC/CRAC Examples Vault: annotations and analyses of this all-important essay format
BONUSES! In addition to a 280-page in-depth guide (the "big playbook"), supplementary reference files are available to be used with the playbook, including...
- MBE Practice Sheet (fillable and printable template for a convenient way to keep track of your answers)
- MBE analytics chart (so you can determine and pinpoint your deficiencies as you continue to practice with MBE questions)
- Performance Test guide (and where to find plenty of practice PTs, even if you're taking the new California PT)
- Audio interviews: (1) about the mindset to take now vs. on the bar and (2) "The Barbri Regret" (what's useful and what's not)
- Pocket Guide FAQs to accelerate your bar prep, with minimalist and cut-to-the-chase answers to 17 common questions
What else can you get for $79?
- An hour-long massage session
- Half of a Hamilton ticket
- Dinner for two in a dark restaurant (+ tax and tip)
- 0.3 hours of a bar exam consultation from a tutor
Or… an investment in yourself to get closer to passing, tools and systems designed to help you learn the exam and the law, and insurance against 6 more months of studying and stagnating while studying while job opportunities and life go on without you.
Thanks for checking out Passer's Playbook 2.0!
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Congratulations on investing in your success on the bar exam!
Click the "View product" button in your email receipt to access all the files.
If you see a charge from GUM.CO on your statement, this was it.