If you've made pitches and taken meetings only to end up feeling embarrassed by how badly they've gone, or you're afraid to make pitches and take meetings for fear you'll screw them up, this is the workshop for you.
At most pitch workshops you spend most of your time listening to people talk about pitching. At this workshop you'll practice pitching and learn how to close deals in meetings from start to finish. You’ll be able to pitch contentedly, build great business relationships easily, and run wonderful meetings. You'll walk out with skills you can put to immediate use.
Early Birds pay $20. Price at the Door $40. No Refunds after June 14. Questions? Please email email@example.com.
By participating in this event you will
- Have the opportunity to actually make make pitches
- Have the opportunity to receive pitches (so you can see what works and what doesn’t)
- Learn how to build a flexible easy to present pitch everyone understands
- Learn how to arrange, take, and run meetings comfortably.
- Detect when you are being scammed, hustled, or taken for a ride (which is really important in this town)
- Receive written lecture notes that document what you learn so you can refer to it going forward.
Topics covered in this event include:
- Cold Contacting the People You Should be Pitching
- Developing Perfect Pitches & Presentations
- Understanding & Increasing the Value of What You’re Pitching
- Expensive Mistakes in Pitching
- The Anatomy of a Meeting
- Running a Pleasant Interrogation
- Pitching Your Project & Yourself
- Recognizing Cons, Scams & Bad Deals
- Following Up
This will also be a good opportunity for you to network with fellow writers, screenwriters, and producers. The best connections and referrals come from folks who meet you face to face, know what you have to offer, like you, and connect you to friends. This event delivers skills and connections in a fund, inspiring, collegial environment.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
“I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico
If you have questions about resource, or run into any trouble at all signing up please email me at email@example.com.