If you podcast, blog or create web video, you must know these rules!
Like it or not, if you're making content, you're doing business. It's time to start acting like it by learning, following, and enforcing the rules professional content producers have been using for decades.
Written by a veteran Entertainment & Media Attorney
Some people call Gordon Firemark "the Podcast Lawyer" because he not only knows the law, he's a podcaster himself. This book was written out of enlightened self-interest. Gordon wanted to do things right, protect himself, and avoid trouble. So, he became the expert in the field. And now, he's created...
A Handy and Useful Guide You Will Actually Use.
This comprehensive guide is designed to help those who write blogs, host and produce podcasts, distribute video or other media via the Internet, easily avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls that lead to threats, recriminations and lawsuits. But it's mercifully brief. No long-winded legalese here. Just an easy-to-read, and easy-to-understand presentation of the key information you need, so you can quickly and easily implement best practices and stay clear of trouble.
When you buy this ebook, you will learn about:
- Copyright Law Fundamentals
- Copyright infringement, claims and defenses
- DMCA takedown notices and counternotices
- How to register your DMCA agent and avoid liability for third party content on your site.
- Legal Requirements for using other people's content
- The right(s) of Privacy
- The Right of Publicity
- Libel & Slander
- Contract Formation & Enforcement
- Releases, consents & permissions
- Licensing content
- Collaborations, Co-Productions, & Arrangements with Contributors
- Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, and other business structures
- Business Licensing and Permits
- Zoning and Land Use Restrictions that may impact where you create your content
- Monetization strategies, deal structures, and issues
- Advertising Agreements
- FTC Regulations concerning affiliate ads and endorsements
- Solutions to the most common legal problems faced by content creators
- What to do when you get a cease-and-desist letter
- What to do if you get sued
Legal information like this could cost you thousands!
Consulting a media lawyer involves retainers, hourly fees, and ongoing bills. Just by reading and implementing the practices outlined in The Podcast, Blog & New Media Producer's Legal Survival Guide, you could save thousands.
Lawsuits are no fun. Learn how to avoid them.
The information contained in The Podcast, Blog & New Media Producer's Legal Survival Guide can save you tens- or hundreds-of thousands of dollars in legal fees, months or years of litigation, and countless sleepless nights.
Don't wait! GET THIS E-BOOK now and learn what you need to know to stay out of legal trouble with your podcast, blog, or new media content.
Three convenient formats
*** This e-book is available formatted as PDF, or in Kindle (mobi) and iBooks (epub) format. Just download the format you prefer. ***