Makes thermal printers work better!
I teach workshops with thermal printers, make a lot of art with thermal printers, help other folks make stuff with thermal printers, and it is really very hard to find power supplies good enough to work well with thermal printers!
Printer Power is a tiny DC-DC converter that trades voltage for current to solve your printer power woes. With it, you can source enough current to print dark black images edge-to-edge!
Printer Power works with most higher voltage adapters you have lying around from old devices like internet modems, routers, and laptops (we <3 recycling!)
- standard 2.1mm barrel jack power input (just like Arduino) 9–24V.
- 2.1mm barrel jack screw terminal adapter (use any power adapter that doesn't already have a 2.1mm tip)
- 7v power output (adjustable!) for printer
- Works with both 5-pin connector and 2x 3-pin connector printers
- Serial connections (including DTR for 5-pin printers and 7V power) are broken out via a 5-pin female jumper header for easy hook-up
Printers we've tested with:
- Adafruit & Sparkfun's CSN-A2 "Mini Thermal Receipt Printer" (old and new versions)
- JP Panel Printer (low-cost Chinese versions)
- Adafuit Nano Thermal Receipt Printer
- Adafruit Thermal Printer "Guts" (has a different pinout, and *does* work with a small modification to the 5-pin cable. guide coming soon!)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.