Crowd funding for the future of the book!"A concise, well-organised and complete reference."
"The book gets right to the point, without a lot of fluff and filler."
Porting to Python 3 is fun, and if you like programming in Python you are gonna love Python 3!
This book guides you through the process of porting your Python 2 code to Python 3, from choosing a porting strategy to solving your distribution issues. Using plenty of examples it takes you cross the hurdles and shows you the new Python features.
You get a ZIP file with three different PDF's. One is made for your computer screen, and will print well on both A4 and Letter formats. One is made for your tablet, and one is made as small as possible, to fit on your phone.
- Migration strategies
- Preparing for Python 3
- Porting with 2to3
- Common migration problems
- Improving you code with modern idioms
- Supporting Python 2 and Python 3 without 2to3 conversion
- Migrating C extensions
- Extending 2to3 with your own fixers
- Language differences and workarounds
- Reorganizations and renamings
Looking to create an account?