This tutorial is all about getting the most out of your Lightroom + Photoshop workflow, pulling details out of an image, adjusting lighting so it works better, general image clean-up techniques all while editing in a non-destructive way.
Tutorial length: About an hour
There is a lot of work that Adobe Lightroom can handle quickly before you bring an image into Photoshop to final it, so let's take a look at some of the common tweaks to a photo that can be made in Lightroom, then let's do the deeper editing work with Photoshop after we've gotten the quick stuff out of the way.
This tutorial is an advanced tutorial and assumes you know the basics of Photoshop, how to open files, what Lightroom is, and I use a few hotkeys in the tutorial which are:
- "x" switches between foreground/background color
- Typing "1" when in a brush sets the opacity of that brush to 10% and typing "0" sets the brush opacity to 100%, etc
- Holding ALT while in a brush allows you to pick a color by sampling from the image, clicking sets that color
- CTRL + Click on a channel to create a selection from that channel
- CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + Click will step a channel's selection down in value
- CTRL + L opens a levels adjustment on a Channel or Layer
- Holding ALT while clicking the New Layer icon brings up options for the layer (ability to name it, blending mode, fill with 50% gray, etc)
- Using Lightroom to tweak color range and value range
- Editing a daylight, slot canyon photo start to finish
- How to bring out details of an image without over-sharpening it
- Precision-editing light/value range with luminosity masking
- General image clean-up
Software Required: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
None! I always recommend watching the Luminosity Masks: Dodge and Burn Like a Pro -- as that goes into one of the main techniques used here and in all other post production work. Also, that tutorial is free (although tips $$ are appreciated!)
As with all paid tutorials,
Share the link to buy the tutorial with all of your friends!
Contact me directly about any questions you have!
Follow me on Instagram: @sky_folk
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to follow the behind-the-scenes and adventure films I make all the time!
Thank you for your interest in this tutorial! By buying this tutorial you'll be added to my goodies email list where I send out the occasional email full of free phone, desktop wallpapers and point out the latest adventure film or vlog... also, every now and then I'll include a sweet discount code or two. Your email is kept encrypted and secure and will only be used by me (Will) to send you stuff you may like.