* 17 layered Adobe Photoshop .PSD files with...
* All-new artwork, including...
* Panel lines
* Three rear-door options
* A new "baked-in" bare-metal base layer for X-Plane 10
* Templates defining regions of recommended texture properties
* Extra shine, shadow and aging affects layers and other details
* Templates for producing Normal ("NML") textures
* Predefined layer groups to keep the layers organized
* Helper layers, to identify aircraft parts, their associations and more
* 15 .PDF documents containing extensive instructions for all phases of livery creation
* Steps for improving the LES DC-3's reflective behavior in X-Plane 10
* Enabling Physically Based Rendering (PBR) of X-Plane 10 models for use in X-Plane 11
* Descriptions of the GIMP files and their layers
* Details on preparing your livery for export
* Instructions on generating night textures
* Step-by-step guides on the creation of realistic Normal ("NML") textures, specific to each version of X-Plane along with ground-breaking guidance on developing liveries that leverage X-Plane 11's new active reflections (via PBR)
* Tutorials on preparing your new livery for sharing with others
* Two exclusive sample liveries, to demonstrate the export process (via accompanying guides) and provide quick gratification
* Big Bend Cargo
* USAF 30665
* Installation is accomplished by moving three computer-file folders/directories into your existing installation(s) of X-Plane
* Personal support by e-mail: email@example.com
* Please refer to the Requirements section to confirm that you have the prerequisite software and skills before purchasing this product.
* This PPK is specifically written for the LES DC-3 and liveries created with it will not function with other developer's DC-3/C-47 models.
* The graphic files that you create with the PPK may only be used by you on your own computer for your own personal entertainment. An exception to this stipulation is the sharing of liveries via free-access file-sharing sites, as long as the upload package includes the unmodified files named "_Made with SimSmith PPK". Do not include any of the PPK .PSD files in any distribution of your liveries.
* Any component or content of the PPK and the liveries that you produce from it may not be sold in a commercial product, or included in any payware or freeware package without specific written permission from the developer of this kit.
* The developer of this digital model, Leading Edge Simulations (LES), states in its documentation: "...we very kindly ask that you not change, modify or add anything to the model or the acf file as doing so will void all support for the aircraft." While the purpose of the PPK is to produce new liveries, which in itself does not "...affect the model or the acf file...", there are modifications required to the model's object files (.OBJ) in order to activate the new Physically Based Rendering (PBR) system in X-Plane 11 that produces active reflections. Therefore, if you choose to modify the relevant .OBJ files mentioned below to support PBR, you risk voiding the LES warranty. We expect that the necessary PBR statements will be included when LES updates their DC-3 for X-Plane 11.
* A computer capable of running the software mentioned below
* Familiarity with using your operating system's file manager to move and copy files
* Adequate free storage space for the installation of this paint kit (about 245 Megabytes), plus more for the creation of new liveries (about 15 to 300 Mb each)
* An app/program capable of viewing PDF (Public Domain Format) files
* Adobe Photoshop, the popular payware graphics editor
* Laminar Research's X-Plane 10 and/or 11 (including Plane Maker)
* A legal copy of Leading Edge Simulations' DC-3, as sold by their distributor X-Aviation