Most professional screenwriters have several un-produced screenplays on their computers. These scripts represent hundreds of hours of work, fully developed plots, and great characters. When a screenplay hasn't found a producer, it makes sense to make the most of that high-value intellectual property by turning it into a novel that can be self-published or sold to publishers. This workshop delivers step-by-step instruction on how to swiftly and elegantly convert feature film and television scripts into books audiences love.
Note: Many production companies are purchasing books to license and produce rather than optioning spec screenplays these days. It may be that your unsellable script becomes significantly more attractive to producers when it's a published novel that has a significant following.
Topics addressed in this recorded workshop include:
- Primary differences between books and screenplays in terms of viewpoint, structure, tense, and their impact on the reader.
- How to analyze your script and make key decisions before you start writing that will make your novel easier to write and make your finished book a much better read.
- How to expand and evolve the story in a screenplay to make a longer book, and how to combine plots from sequels or series episodes to create a longer book or a series of books.
- How publishing and marketing a book helps your screenplay get produced.
- How film producers can use script-to-book publishing to fund and promote the films they want to produce.
Right after you sign up, you get the following recorded workshops and workbooks.
- Converting a Screenplay into a Book (Video and Workbook)
- Pro Self Publishing Workshop (Video)
- Publishing your book on Amazon in a couple of hours as a print book and a Kindle book for Free. (Video)
- Publishing your book on iBook, Nook, ScribD, Oyster and other online bookstores for Free. (Video)
- Purchasing a professional custom cover for your Book for $60-$100 (Video)
- Promoting your book cost effectively online via BookFunnel. (Video)
- Workbook Publishing a Book on Amazon in about Two Hours
- Workbook Working with an Artist to Create a Custom Cover V2
- Workbook Pro Self Publishing
- Workbook Selling Books and Audio Books with Book Funnel
This is very comprehensive, swift, cost-effective training in turning your screenplays into novels that earn 30%-85% royalties for every sale. It's the perfect way for you to turn all the screenplays you've worked so hard on into novels that generate revenue, capture audiences, and raise your profile as a writer.
About the Instructor: Nancy Fulton is a writer/producer who has been profitably producing content that sells since 1991. She has taught courses for UCLA, the Art Institute, a leading School for Creative Startups, and her work can be found on Amazon, iBook, Nook and many other platforms. She has been running events supporting more than entertainment industry pros since 2015 and now support more than 50,000 creatives here in Los Angeles. Her fact-filled workshops are designed to ensure those she supports can master exactly the skills they need when they need them. You can find dozens of 5-star reviews for her work on Alignable, and hundreds of 5-star reviews of her events on Meetup.com. For full details visit www.nancyfultonmeetups.com and www.linkedin.com/in/nancyfulton
If you have questions about this workshop, please email email@example.com.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.