Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. It can be scripted and configured with Lua. Combine Lua and Textadept for an unprecedented programming experience.
Lua Quick Reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program in and embed Lua, whether it is Lua 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. This book can even be used with LuaJIT, a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua based on Lua 5.1. The book groups the language’s features and C API in a convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking the differences between Lua versions.
This book covers:
• Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
• Metatables and metamethods
• Object-oriented programming with Lua
• Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
• Lua's standard library and its C API
• Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
• How to embed and use Lua within a host
• And much more
Textadept Quick Reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to script and configure Textadept using Lua. It groups the editor’s rich API into a series of tasks in a convenient and easy-to-use manner.
This book covers how to:
• Leverage Textadept’s important files and folders
• Adeptly navigate and manipulate text
• Mark lines and text visually
• Show interactive lists and call tips
• Prompt for user input in various ways
• Spawn asynchronous, interactive child processes
• Configure colors, themes, and other settings
• Define lexers for highlighting source code
• And much more
Mitchell is the author and principal developer of Textadept and commands over 10 years of experience with Lua.