What this course is about
In this video course, I will teach you how to transform your React app into a Progressive Web App.
The course focuses on teaching you everything that you need to know to get started, which means that you won't get a 9-hour video course.
This course is for you if you want to...
- 🤓 Learn how to turn your React app into a PWA.
- ⏱ Save time researching things about PWAs online.
- ⚡️ Convert your React app into a PWA within 10 minutes.
- 💸 Save money and time by developing your web app once and ship it to all mobile and desktop devices.
- 📱Avoid the hassle of submitting an app to the app store.
Who am I to teach you this?
I've been working as a frontend developer for the last three years, mainly with React.
I'm not a professor or a PWA expert, but I have transformed a few React apps into Progressive Web Apps myself, one of them being used by over 400 thousand customers per month.
Since this is not too long ago, I haven't forgotten what it's like to learn these things on my own.
There are a lot of confusing, outdated, and non-relevant resources out there. This course focuses on what's important and nothing more.
I also write about this topic on my blog at https://felixgerschau.com.
What will I be able to do after this course?
- Convert any web app into a PWA.
- Provide iOS compatibility.
- Debug PWAs.
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Service workers (10 minutes)
- Web App Manifest (3 minutes)
- Walkthrough: Turning a React app into a PWA (10 minutes)
What are Progressive Web Apps again?Progressive Web Apps are web apps that use emerging web browser APIs and features along with traditional progressive enhancement strategy to bring a native app-like user experience to cross-platform web applications.
Since 2015, Progressive Web Apps have become more and more popular, allowing developers to publish apps without submitting them to the app store (even on iOS).
The key features of PWAs are:
- Offline capabilities
- High performance
- Background processing in a separate thread
- Access to the phone's sensors
- Support for push notifications
- An icon on the phone’s home screen
To me, the best thing about them is that you don't need to develop for multiple platforms: You can just turn your already existing web project into a PWA with very little effort.
Get your money back if you're not completely satisfied
If the content doesn't live up to your expectations, you can get a 100% refund within 30 days by emailing me.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks a lot for your purchase!
Have fun learning about PWAs and feel free to send me feedback to email@example.com.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.