Karim Nagi is a native Egyptian musician and an accomplished teacher of the RIQQ (Arab Tambourine). This video provides a detailed and vivid 2 hours of instruction including proper technique, playing rhythms, and how to accompany other musicians. Karim guides the student from the very beginning with grip and tone generation, all the way through advanced techniques and rhythmic ornamentation. This pure Arabic technique and style can be effectively applied to general Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Medieval European styles and music. The RIQQ is a versatile instrument with endless possibilities for color and expression, and this video is a definitive tool to learn this unique instrument in its original, authentic usage and method for all levels.
lessons by chapter include:
1. Introduction - the system and approach to playing the traditional Arab style and method.
2. Open Position - a.k.a. "Cabaret Style" using cymbals (examples ayyub, masmudi & malfuf).
3. Closed Position - a.k.a. "Classical Style" using skin (examples ayyub, masmudi & malfuf).
4. Loud Position - rhythmic shaking and rocking for an energetic volume and pace.
5. Switching Positions - going between each position seamlessly, to follow the music.
6. Rhythm Examples - from the simple to the complex: (wahda, york, muhaggar and more).
7. Accompaniment - Samai, Andalusian, and Qudud with oudist & singer Aboud Agha.
8. Solo by Karim Nagi.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for purchasing this on demand stream of 'Finger Cymbals Instruction'.
The original browser that you purchased on will recognize you and let you play this video by clicking the 'DOWNLOAD' button (it will not download a file onto your device, it will simply start the stream).
Please KEEP your confirmation EMAIL, that will allow you watch the video on another device by opening the email on the device you wish to watch on.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.