The Whimsy Bag is a great all-purpose tote. With six large exterior pockets, this bag is ideal for everyday and everything.
The Whimsy is one of our easiest tote projects. Construction is similar to making a placemat, but with pockets and handles. That way all the edges are finished! Then simply fold in half and stitch side seams.
Fabric recommendations: The entire bag is made from just three fabrics. Choose coordinating prints with large, medium, and small size designs. Combine stripes and florals for great impact.
Features: Six exterior pockets, lined interior, and padded handles.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
- Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided.
- An even-feed or walking foot may be helpful.
- This project is designed to be made using 100% quilting cottons.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Approximately 12 1/2" x 12" x 4 1/4"
- 5/8 yd Bag Cover Fabric
- 1 yd Bag Lining & Pocket Lining Fabric
- 2 coordinating Fat Quarters for Pockets & Handle Fabric
- 5/8 yd Batting: Dreamy Fleece (fusible or sew-in) by Sew Lazy recommended
- Even-feed or walking foot, size 90/14 sewing machine needle.
- Non-stick pressing sheet: may be helpful if you choose a fusible batting option.