Date & Time: March 5, Friday, 7-9pm PST
This is an interactive class where you will see exactly how an artist is able to mix the exact acrylic paint colours she needs for her palette. Just primary colours plus black and white paints will be used. You can choose a colour from a set of swatches and match it!
If you are confused about what colours to buy and use, or how to mix them in order to get the colours you want for your paintings, this workshop is for you. You have the option to either sit back, take notes and watch the demo, or actively participate and have your own paints during class, follow along and mix your own colours.
The instructor will be using acrylic paints for the workshop. It is recommended that if you decide to follow along and mix colours during class with your own paints, that you also use acrylic paints. The list of paints and materials needed if you wish to do the exercises in the class will be sent to you upon registration.
IN THIS CLASS YOU WILL:
• Learn my process to get the exact colours you need for your artworks
• Gain knowledge about the true primary colours when it comes to paint (there are 6, not three!)
• Acquire information on how to use a colour wheel and how this tool can guide your colour mixing
• Have the option to use your own paints and follow the instructor as she demos or simply sit back, take notes and practice later in your own time
• Have the opportunity to play with paint! Get to know your materials and enjoy the process
THIS CLASS IS FOR:
• Persons who are interested recreating colours from other artworks, magazines, or other visual imagery
• Those who wish to understand the pigment and colour qualities of acrylic paints better
• People who wish to train their eyes and instincts when it comes to colour
THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
• You are expecting a full colour theory lesson - although we touch upon some colour theory, the discussion is limited and not extensive
• You are looking to mix metallic, neon or other other specialty colours
• You are unwilling to be patient while learning - there is some trial and error while beginning mixing and while training your eyes and instincts to arrive at your colour goals
If you have questions about the class or materials, please feel free contact me via my contact form on my website: http://mtmhobbes.com/contact.html
NOTE: You will be given the Zoom ID and Pass Code 1 day before workshop starts. This is a class primarily for adults (16+) but students 13 years or older are also welcome but must be supervised by an adult. You must have basic computer skills have a device that has both audio and video. Refunds, minus a processing fee, are given up to 48 hours before class start, after 48 hours no refunds will be given.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for purchasing your seat to join Exact Colour Mixing with MTM Hobbes. I am looking forward to seeing you in class!
I will send you the Zoom ID and Pass Code 1 day before class, so please check your email then. If you do not see it, please check your spam folder.
Also, please read the list regarding the materials, print it out or keep a copy. Sorry, there will be no refunds issued for those who joined the class but had the inappropriate materials, so please read carefully. Also, feel free to contact me via my website's contact form if you have questions about the materials (www.mtmhobbes.com/contact.html).
Please remember to have your materials ready before the workshop starts in order to participate and get the most benefit from our time together.
If for any reason the class is cancelled by the instructor and you will have the option to receive a full refund or to take the same class at a future date.
If you need to cancel, full refunds can be issued up to 24 hours before class starts. After 24 hours before class starts NO refunds will be issued.
Please feel free to contact me via my website mtmhobbes.com/contact.html for questions.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.