This set of 4 videos has helped hundreds of new screenwriters write and protect their first professional screenplay. It has also helped helped hundreds of novelists turn their books into movie scripts they can pitch to producers in Hollywood.
- The structure a screenplay and why you absolutely have to get it right.
- The different kinds of text in a screenplay, from slugs and action lines to dialog and why formatting them correctly matters.
- When, why, and how to register your screenplay at the copyright office.
- Whether or not you need to register it at the WGA.
- Where to get free screenwriting software that lets you write your script quickly in an industry standard format and how to share it with others.
You will also learn:
- Why and how most screenwriters get coverage before they submit their work to to agents and producers or decide to produce their own work.
- How ghostwriters can help you more swiftly create the first draft of a script or to polish one you have written.
- Important Legal issues involved in telling true stories, or fictional stories about real people (living or dead).
You won't find a more straightforward or easier to follow introduction to screenwriting than this one, and the information covered here will be useful to you for years to come.
If you have questions about this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the film making community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slide shows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico