This tutorial will show you the basics of creating a nice clean height map in substance designer that can later be used for tessellation and creating your colour maps. It will cover:
- Creating the main shape of the Tile
- How to use gradients to create a profile curve in your height map
- How to Tile your shapes and add some variation.
- Adding in surface detail from grunge maps
- Creating damage using the edge detect node
- Creating the Diffuse map using Gradient nodes and AO masks.
- Creating the gloss maps with various levels of detail.
You get a PDF written tutorial and Large JPG. images of the node graph
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share