In-house digital teams face a whole host of challenges that can feel overwhelming at times. Challenges such as:
- The organisation undervaluing digital.
- Colleagues seeing your team as a service department, rather than digital leaders.
- Management who lack understanding of digital.
- Conflicting priorities.
- Too much demand on limited resources.
- Colleagues with unrealistic expectations.
- Too many web publishers.
Let’s face it, we could go on for sometime. It is not a pretty picture.
But what if there was a tool that could help you address all these issues? Don’t misunderstand, I am not talking about a magic solution. But something that can bring some order to the chaos and put you in the driving seat of your own workload.
Well I believe that a service manual might be exactly that. A service manual provides some much needed governance and structure. It educates colleagues and management, helping manage expectation. It also helps you manage the working coming into your team enabling you to be more strategic in your management of digital.
In this presentation we dive into the specifics of creating your own service manual. This step-by step guide will outline everything you need to include in a basic service manual. It will also include tips and techniques for better managing your team, colleagues and workload.
Alongside the 30 minute presentation I have also included an example service manual. This gives you a better idea about the content, structure and length of a service manual.
In the presentation you will learn:
- How to write the mandate for your team, allowing you to take control of your role.
- How to prioritise and control what digital services you build.
- How to manage colleagues expectations.
- How to educate colleagues and management about digital best practice.
- How to ensure consistency in your online content.
- How to deal with redundant, out of date or trivial content.
When you buy this presentation you will receive:
- The 30 minute video guide.
- Access to the example service manual.
- A PDF of extra reading you might find helpful.
- A bonus video where I share the secret to ending fights over homepage real estate.