Designed with the visual practitioner in mind, this 24-page zine provides practice strokes and exemplars on how to use a brush marker to letter like a sign painter.
Why letter like a Sign Painter? As a graphic recorder or facilitator, you are required to work quickly and write fast. Sign Painters work fast too! But rather than having to "palette" your brush between strokes, I show you the angles to hold your brush tip marker and letterforms that emulate those that sign painters use. By practicing you will see how fast and stylish this lettering style can be. The zine also offers variations so that you can find your own style of lettering like a sign painter.
This style is easy to learn and great to use when tandem graphic recording. It compliments other lettering styles nicely and can be used in other projects as well. Learning this lettering style will improve your handwriting and increase confidence as you write.
This zine includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to write letters like a sign painter using a brush tip marker (Neuland’s ArtMarker or similar).
- How to hold your marker at an angle.
- Minuscules (lowercase), Majascules (uppercase), difficult punctuation, and numbers.
- Exemplars of other lettering styles including: a bold script, casual minuscules, a morphed version of Architect.
- Exemplar of Neuland Hand (also used by sign painters).
- Additional low-cost and FREE lettering resources.
Want to access the accompanying online course? Learn the strokes step-by-step in under an hour, learn variations, and how to make the most out of your practice so you can level up your lettering quickly.
CLICK HERE for the online course:
THIS PRODUCT SHIPS INTERNATIONALLY.
PLEASE NOTE: Because I'm one person selling in batches to save me time and you money, I ship out zines once a week. Please email me ASAP if you would like your copy signed.
©2018 Heather Leavitt Martinez | www.LetsLetterTogether.com