A one-hour recorded webinar on student motivation, how COVID closures and emergency remote teaching affected it, and what I'll be thinking about this summer as we look to the fall.
Join Dave Stuart Jr. in reflecting on what the spring of 2020 taught us about student motivation and how these lessons may influence our work in the months to come, no matter what format instructional delivery takes.
- What are the five key beliefs and how do they work under normal circumstances?
- How did the five key beliefs change during COVID closures and emergency remote teaching?
- What might we be thinking about as we go about our summers and begin to look to fall?
This session will be designed for folks who:
- are familiar with the five key beliefs and want to deepen their grasp
- are not familiar with the five key beliefs but would like to deepen their understanding of how student motivation works and how to affect it
- are seeking encouragement amidst uncertainty, a sense of camarederie during isolating times, or closure on the year we've just completed
- desire permission to relax and rejuvenate during a summer when we'll be tempted to hyper-fixate on the work that lies before us.
Questions you might have
Do I have to pay?
Out of respect for my family and the time it takes me to research and develop high-quality PD, I do ask that you pay for access to this session. However, in light of the differing financial circumstances we all find ourselves in these days, I've made the webinar "Pay What You Want." Access is yours for as little as $1.
What is the suggested price?
$10 per person is the suggested price of this PD session. You will be gaining the choicest fruits of the thousands of hours I've put into researching, testing, and teaching a student motivation framework that has helped teachers and schools around the United States and the world. I think that's a bargain :)
Can I purchase access for my team, department, PLC, or school?
Yes, I would love that. Please select a price that suits your budget and that you believe is fair. Once you've paid, share the registration link with your teammates.
Is Dave going to look at how much I pay and judge me for the amount?
No. :) I've neither the inclination nor the time.
May I use a purchase order?
Yes. Email me at email@example.com and I'll get you the documentation you need for initiating this process with your finance department.
What happens after I purchase?
You'll receive a link that will let you register to watch the replay of the webinar. You'll also get an email from me indicating how to access the webinar replay.
Will there a certificate for viewing the webinar?
Available upon request -- just email us with what you need: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why are you doing this?
My desire is to synthesize what I've learned from emergency remote teaching (both with my own students and from hearing dozens of stories from colleagues like you) with what I already knew to be true about student motivation. I want to make that thinking public so that it might be optimally supportive of promoting long-term flourishing outcomes in our schools.
Thank you for your interest and support of this work.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.