Secrets of Software Planning is a detailed guide for improving and mastering the art of planning software projects.
Distilled from observing, coaching, running, and participating in thousands of planning meetings over the last ten years, Secrets of Software Planning has insights and improvements for any team building software today.
What you'll learn
- Why we struggle to successfully plan our work.
- The five principles for effective software planning.
- How to implement the five principles of effective software planning.
- Seven techniques, with step-by-step guides, that will improve your next planning meeting.
Read a sample chapter on the web.
Who should read this?
If you're managing, leading, or just on a team building software using agile methodologies, this book will improve your team.
- Engineering managers will help align their teams on what matters to the business
- Scrum Masters will learn new techniques to facilitate more effective planning meetings
- Team Leads will learn principles for "leveling up" the members of their team and improving their effectiveness
- Software developers will learn how to build trust with stakeholders
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
- Why we plan
- Principles of effective planning
- Implementing the principles (sample chapter: Focus on value)
- Recommended techniques
I share my favorite and most effective planning techniques. They are grounded in the principles from part one and make planning more effective as outlined in part two.
- The Planning Checklist
- Whole Team Tasking
- Five Whys
- Time-boxed Tasks
- Daily Feedback
- Artistic Artifacts
- Commitment Driven Planning
Each technique offers a step-by-step guide for implementing it on your team, when it's most effective, and how it came to be.
About the author
Clayton Lengel-Zigich has spent the last 20 years solving problems with software. As a developer, coach, and product manager he has seen it from all sides. He is seeking continuous improvement and always looking for opportunities to inspect and adapt.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks for your support. If you're not happy with your purchase, contact me for a full refund.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.