This is a plugin to use Substance files( *.sbsar) with Blender
Now you can select substances, adjust the parameters and adjust them while directly seeing the results within blender. Using substances and adjusting them has never been so quickly.
IMPORTANT: Since the SBSAR format is proprietary and protected by Allegorithmic, to use this plugin is required that you have installed the Substance Automation Toolkit which is not included here, you need to directly download it from Allegorithmic's website
Install & Usage
You can find the instructions here:
Are you a patron?
Wait don't buy it just yet!!! first check my Patreon page and search for the discount code!
You really cannot afford it?
I still trust honest people that are in a rough situation, and I'm happy to help them, so you have two options either send me an email, and we'll see what can be done, or send me a pic via twitter (@ymmanuel_who) of you sharing a cookie, sandwich, coffee or whatever with someone who needs it... I want to create a website with all those pics of artists helping people!!! XD and maybe get some support of other plugin/content creators to join me in the effort
Are you a studio or need an custom shader?
Feel free to support more if you are installing in multiple machines, up to you how much you want to, also if you need a specific Shader configuration, instead of the default ones, let me know and we'll see what can be done
Check the youtube channel playlist for tutorials on how to install & use the plugin
This plugin was built with:
Blender 2.79b+ (using principled shader) requires a blender version equal or superior to 2.79b
Substance Automation Toolkit 2018.0.0
- File browser to easily navigate between substances
- Work with substances based on the pbr metal/roughness workflow
- Works with Cycles and Eevee materials
- Parameters are obtained dynamically from the substance file
- Supports emissive and opacity channels
- Compatible with mac and windows (linux coming soon)
Roadmap (not in any specific order):
- Add pbr secular/glossiness workflow
- Add external renderers support
- Add custom material name support
- Add texure icon baker for substances previews
The plugin was made as an external plugin, mainly for two reasons:
- There are some stability issues if the Automation Toolkit is used inside Blender
- As a workaround to avoid any possible license issues with Substance + Blender
- At the moment you can only have one material in a blender scene for each sbsar file. In the next update this will be fixed so you can have multiple different versions of a material within a blender scene
- All the limitations related to the Substance Automation Toolkit
Thanks for the support! this will help me to develop this plugin and a lot more cool stuff!!!
*** Contact Information ***
Don't forget to check and subscribe to my youtube channel to see some cool videos, tips and tricks:
You can also support me via Patreon: Xolotl Studio
Or contact me if you have any doubts or comments
Or if you want to join the discord server
IMPORTANT: There are no refunds in digital downloads
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share