This is a plugin to use Substance files (.sbsar) inside Blender
The latest update allows you to import the substances easier and adjust them to see the results in the viewport faster so you can iterate and speed up your texturing workflow.
Since the SBSAR format is proprietary and protected by Substance3D, to use this Plug-in is required that you have installed the Substance Automation Toolkit which is not included here, you need to directly download it from Substance3D's website.
Install & Usage
Are you a patron?
Wait don't buy it just yet!!! first check my Patreon page and search for the discount code!
You really cannot afford it?
I still trust honest people that are in a rough situation, and I'm happy to help them, so you have two options, either send me an email, and we'll see what can be done, or send me a pic via twitter (@ymmanuel_who) of you sharing a cookie, sandwich, coffee or whatever with someone who needs it... I want to create a website with all those pics of artists helping people!!! 🙂 and maybe get some support of other plugin/content creators to join me in the effort.
Are you a studio or need an custom shader?
Feel free to support more if you are installing in multiple machines, up to you how much you want to, also if you need a specific Shader configuration, instead of the default ones, let me know and we'll see what can be done
Check the youtube channel playlist for tutorials on how to install & use the plugin
The latest plugin version was built with/for:
- BLENDER 2.8 and higher
- working with Eevee, Cycles and Octane
- Substance Automation Toolkit 2019.3.0 and higher
- Use Substance files from Substance designer (.sbsars) directly in Blender
- Out of the box support for the materials available in Substance Source
- File browser for easy navigation between substances
- Work with substances based on the PBR Metal/Roughness workflow
- Works with Cycles, Eevee and Octane materials
- Parameters are obtained dynamically from the substance file
- Live viewport update (experimental)
- Support for Emissive, Opacity, Height, and other additional channels
- Auto-assign materials to the selected objects
- Customizable bit-depth export
- Material instancing for easy iteration
- Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
Roadmap (not an specific order)
- Add pbr secular/glossiness workflow
- Add more third party renderers support
- Keyable parameters
Thanks for the support! this will help me to develop this plugin and a lot more cool stuff!!!
Don't forget to check and subscribe to my YouTube channel to see some cool videos, tips and tricks: https://www.youtube.com/c/XolotlStudio
- You can also support me via Patreon: Xolotl Studio
- Or contact me if you have any doubts or comments
- Twitter: @ymmanuel_who or @xolotl_studio
- Or if you want to join the discord server
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds in digital downloads
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.