The Surface Imperfections Volume 1 library by David Gruwier is a collection of 50+ 4K premium tiled textures, featuring a mix of scratches, dust specs, smudges, fingerprints, hairs, residue, isolated fingerprints and even full palm print, all scanned from real surfaces and meticulously tiled.
They are not traditional textures, but are scans of the subtle imperfections that are shared by most materials, such as smudges, scratches and fingerprints, independent of color. The resulting greyscale maps can be used as glossiness, bump, anisotropy and reflectivity maps to add those same imperfections back into any 3D material.
Also included is a full 2 hour lesson by Grant Warwick of Mastering CGI, demonstrating how to use Surface Imperfection to create advanced, highly realistic materials for professional CGI work. Grant covers all the basics you need to know to make the most of this library.
Full details at surfaceimperfections.com
Examples of uses:
- As glossiness or anisotropy maps, to add realistic surface imperfections to reflective surfaces such as glass, metal and plastic
- Bump maps, for something more organic and natural than fractal noise
- Extra detail on windows, monitors, mirrors and other reflective surfaces that require that extra glint of realism
- Masks for layered, procedural shaders and materials.
- Overlays on lens flares and glare in compositing, to emulate a dirty lens (the raw scans are especially suited for this)
- Texture painting alphas and brushes source material.
- Multiply or add on top of diffuse colors to break up the colors and add variation
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.