This is a collection of 50+ tiled textures with scratches, specs, smudges, fingerprints, dried water deposits, hairs and dust, scanned from real surfaces.
Exceptional for shading realistic up-close detail, and also works as general purpose natural grunge maps.
The texture maps are delivered in 4096x4096 16bit TIFF, and there are 2k 8bit tiff and 4k 8bit jpeg versions included as well.
The raw, unprocessed 8K+ full color scans are also included as an optional download (These constitute a useful texture library in and of themselves),
You can get a free sampling here
Ideas for usesThese are some of the ways in which I've used the textures in my own work:
- As glossiness or anisotropy maps, to add realistic surface imperfections to reflective surfaces such as glass, metal and plastic
- Bump maps, for something more organic and natural than simple noise
- Extra detail on windows, monitors, mirrors and other surfaces that require that extra glint of realism
- Overlays on lens flares and glare in compositing, to emulate a dirty lens (the raw scans are especially suited for this)
- Mask and overlays to introduce interesting variation in any stage of shading or compositing
- Source material for alphas/brushes and for texture painting.
You can find more details and advanced tips on how to get the most of these textures on my website
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase!
If you have any questions or problems, please let me know: