This hands-on, fast-paced book introduces you to the how and why of SwiftUI: Apple’s new UI Framework for building apps for iPhone, Mac, iPad, AppleWatch, and AppleTV.
Based on a best-selling workshop, the examples in this book help you understand how you’re supposed to think about coding with this declarative API. Whether you’re coming from UIKit, AppKit, or you are new to Apple platforms, this is the right book to get you started and to quickly bring you up to speed.
You’ll learn to:
* present content using Text and Image
* organize the elements on your screen with VStack, HStack, ZStack, and GeometryReader
* accept user input with Button, TextField, and Slider
* manage data with properties, State, Binding, ObservableObject, and the environment
* allow the user to navigate your apps with TabView, NavigationView, and Sheet
* display information with List and ForEach
* enhance your interface with Shape, Path, and animation
* create your own Property Wrappers and Function Builders
That’s a lot! And yet this is just an introduction designed to get you up and running quickly with SwiftUI.
To follow along with the examples you will need to be running the latest publicly shipping version of Xcode on your Mac.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for buying A SwiftUI Kickstart.
I can't wait to see what you create with this new technology.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.