INCLUDES FREE UPDATES FOR SWIFT 5 AND BEYOND! Click here for full details.
If you're serious about writing great code, you need to be serious about testing. In this book you'll learn how unit tests, UI tests, and more combine to help you work faster and with more confidence.
Unit Tests: Learn to break apart your code to make testing easier, then put together a smart strategy to maximize your code coverage.
UI Tests: Write Swift code to remote control your app, interacting with the UI automatically to make sure it behaves as expected.
TDD: Master the concepts of test-driven development as it applies to Apple's platforms, then apply it to your own projects.
More: The book also covers how to create mocks and stubs, benchmark performance, add continuous integration, and more!
What's in the book?
Testing Swift gives you a thorough grounding in the key testing techniques when working in app development. You'll learn how to benchmark performance, detect regressions, mock components, refactor for testability, and more.
While reading, you'll learn all this and more:
- Structuring your code to make unit testing easier and more reliable.
- Automating your test process so that you can identify problems faster.
- Using the red-green-refactor approach to building high-quality, testable code efficiently.
- Building a solid test suite even in projects where tests are lacking or perhaps missing altogether.
- When code coverage is a useful metric to track your progress – and when it isn't.
- Integrating a sustainable approach to testing that helps your team work faster and with fewer regressions.
- How to separate your model layer from your presentation layer, how to create useful stubs and mocks the hassle-free way, and building a custom approach to testing that fits your company, project, and team – and more!
Testing Swift also includes complete projects that show you the techniques in action, so you can see how to apply what you've learned in real-world code.
What format will the book be in?
You'll get PDF, ePub, Mobi, and HTML, all with no DRM attached.
Will this book teach me Swift?
No. You're looking for Hacking with Swift: http://gum.co/hws-book-pack
Any other questions?
If you have questions that aren't answered above, you can tweet me @twostraws or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.