Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. This quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to script and configure Textadept using the Lua programming language. It groups the editor’s rich API into a series of tasks in a convenient and easy-to- use manner.
This book covers how to:
• Leverage Textadept’s important files and folders
• Adeptly navigate and manipulate text
• Mark lines and text visually
• Show interactive lists and call tips
• Prompt for user input in various ways
• Spawn asynchronous, interactive child processes
• Configure colors, themes, and other settings
• Define lexers for highlighting source code
• And much more
Mitchell is the author and principal developer of Textadept and commands over 10 years of experience with Lua.