The TextFromValue node converts a float value to a text image. Basically it is pretty similar to the Text node of Substance Designer except that it only displays the specified value. It is really useful for all kind of purposes, especially for tools creation to provide a visual feedback of values that would be very difficult to get otherwise.
Similarities with SD Text node:
- Same parameters to control the text (except for the transformation because it was not possible to use a Transform gizmo matching only the text area - a set of Position - Rotation - Scale parameters is provided instead)
- Same behavior when the node is blended on a background color (unpremultiplication) and on an input image (using an input image must be manually specified though)
- Displayed value can come from the value parameter, from a function or from a picked color
- Tracking parameter to control the spacing between the digits
- Option to preserve the aspect ratio of the text even if the image is not square
- 9 possible positions for the pivot point
- Since the type String is not really supported internally it was not possible to offer a support of all the fonts available on the computer. By default the ValueToText node uses an Arial Regular font. To change it you have to plug in the node WkNumbersBitmapGenerator.sbsar, which is a texture generator. See the example package for details.
Use and documentation:The TextFromValue node can be used is a way very similar to the Text node of SD. Open the package TextFromValue_Examples.sbs from the Examples directory to discover various configurations and applications of this node.
Licenses and usage:
Single User License: The product can be used on multiple computers but only one person should have access to it. Good for freelance artists, students, hobbyists or motivated pro artists.
Indie license: For teams up to 10 users
Studio license: Unlimited number of users
The content of this pack has been made to be used in production. It cannot be sold back as a standalone product or in a package offering the same or similar features.
It can be integrated in other packages, assets or materials though, even for commercial use, if these containers offer significant added features.
Purchases are non-refundable.
Substance Designer supported versions: 2018.1.1 and above
Included: TextFromValue file (.SBSAR) + example file.
Please note the source files (.SBS) are not provided.
- V1.10: (18/03/2019):
Fixed a major bug: when sampling not uniforms inputs a resize occurred and the value was not right. Now input image to be sampled must be a constant color (either a uniform node or a node from the ColorPicker graph provided in this package)
- V1.03 (24/01/2019): Base version
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share