The Pet Insurance Toolkit is offered on a "pay what you want" basis. There is a suggested price (retail), but you can choose to pay anything over a minimum price of $5. Some people even pay more than the suggested price and I appreciate your help keeping the blog and podcast going to help educate folks like yourself about pet insurance.
From my perspective as a veterinarian, I just want you to make a wise decision and if the toolkit doesn't help you achieve the following two goals, I'll gladly refund whatever you paid. I do appreciate feedback on what you decide and how the toolkit performed for you.
1) Decide whether you need to get pet insurance or not
2) Help you wisely choose a company and policy that meets your needs at a premium you can afford
Everything has been updated for 2017! Includes :
1) Your Guide To Choosing A Pet Insurance Company And Policy To Insure Your Pet (Ebook) - discusses the most important factors to consider when purchasing a policy and comparing companies. Outlines a 5-step method for doing the research along with a profile of each company that sells policies in the United States and a place to record information gathered during the research.
2) Company Comparison Worksheet (Excel and Open Office versions)
3) Policy Selection Worksheet (Excel, but also works in Open Office)
4) A Company Comparison Worksheet that shows what each company's best policy would have paid on 4 separate claims in one year. This gives you a better understanding of how the policy works if you file multiple claims during a year with one of the claims being from an Emergency/Specialty hospital.
5) Email Support if you have any questions about how to to use the Toolkit or pet insurance in general.